Thomas Edison State University is responsible for the stewardship of collections donated to the school, works of art commissioned by the school, and collections or individual works of art commissioned by the state and others but displayed at the university.
Sixty-five original etchings by George A. Bradshaw, an alumnus of and longtime teacher at the School of Industrial Arts, presented to the university by Raymond L. Steen, in memory of his wife, Mary McPherson Steen, 1986.
Original signs, advertisements and marketing materials; original and reproduction machines; original stock certificates; original and reproduction Edison portraits and photographs, donated by John and Eileen Martinson, 2013.
- Edwards Collection
Personal and political memorabilia of W. Cary Edwards, New Jersey Attorney General 1986-1990, for whom the W. Cary Edwards School of Nursing is named. Donation of Lynn Edwards, 2015.
Commissioned oil portraits of President Emeritus George A. Pruitt; two New Jersey officials for whom schools of the University are named, W. Cary Edwards and John S. Watson; and an alumna and former president of the Board of Trustees, Carole A. Nerlino-Cerepak. Cast bronze busts of Thomas A. Edison (donation of the Charles Edison Fund, 1977) and Kelsey Building donor Henry C. Kelsey (donated by the artist, Herman C. Mueller, to the School of Industrial Arts, 1910).
Artworks created as part of the Townhouse renovations include a bronze map and floor tiles by Greg LeFevre; landscapes by Nancy Silvia and Tim Daly; and Ray King’s light-responsive hanging sculpture, “Quantum Ring.”
As part of the outfitting of the five-story building he had built for the use of the School of Industrial Arts, donor Henry C. Kelsey stipulated that there be a street clock suspended from the building façade, and two bronze plaques placed on the façade; and that a memorial room on the second floor be dedicated in perpetuity to the memory of his wife. His will directed that the room be kept as he left it.
A 1930 oil on canvas mural by N.C. Wyeth, painted for the Banking Room of the First-Mechanics National Bank of Trenton, measuring 17.5 feet in depth and 12 feet in width, has been on loan to the university from Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., since 2013.